Webinar – Reading Workshop by Donna Skolnick
October 4 @ 7:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Reading Workshop at HudsonWay Immersion School
Tuesday, October 4, 2022 – 7:00-8:00 PM
Presenter: Donna Skolnick
In this workshop, we introduce how HWIS is developing strong readers and writers – in all languages. This is the second year that consultant Donna Skolnick has been working with HWIS teachers in implementing Teachers’ College Reading and Writing workshop.
The webinar will focus on:
· What research says all readers need
· Reading development through the grades
· What is reading workshop?
· The components of a Unit of Study kit
· High success books and why use them
· The value of rereading
· Tracking student progress and using assessment to support instruction
· How do parents best support their young readers?
Donna Skolnick has 17 years’ experience as an English language arts teacher in both public and private schools in Westport and Greenwich, CT. Donna is a national workshop presenter and a published author of More Than Meets the Eye and On Their Way, books for teachers on reading and writing.